The Branch gives notice that the 2016 Branch AGM will take place on Tuesday 12th April at The Ship in Middlestone starting at 19:30.
A bus is being provided. If you are interested in using this, please email email@example.com for information. It would also be appreciated if you could email us if you plan on making your own way there so we know what size buffet is needed.
The main business of the meeting will be to receive reports of the committee (including the financial statement for the 2015 finance year,) to elect the new Branch Committee and to consider an update to the Branch Constitution.
In particular this year we are looking to elect a new Minutes Secretary and we shall also be looking to put forward new Brewery Liaison Officers for Durham Brewery and Hill Island. If you are interested in any of these roles, please reply to this email with any queries you may have.
A copy of the latest draft of the constitution for consideration can be found at http://www.camradurham.org.uk/sites/default/files/documents/DurhamConst…
The main changes are:
- Minor typographic and linguistic updates for clarity throughout
- An update of the committee positions
- Clauses to show positions that may not be held in conjunction with others
- Clarification on voting rights where a committee member holds more than one position
- Clarification on election procedures
- Addition of a "Sub-committees" clause
- References to Special and Extraordinary General Meetings standardised to Extraordinary General Meeting
- Setting of a quorum for EGMs
- Updates to Financial procedures to reflect changes made to banking systems
A copy of the old constitution may be found at http://www.camradurham.org.uk/sites/default/files/documents/DurhamConst…
If you have any feedback, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can take your comments on board. We will send out a final version closer to the date of the AGM for information.
We look forward to seeing you on April 12th.